oxfordsOur History

In its 37-year history, Oxford Enterprises has brought together various companies in one group, all started in our local area by local people.

The story starts back to 1975, when George Currie hauled gravel at Beachville Quarries with a 1967 F-Dump and pumped waste and landfill leachate with a 1962 B-Model Mack and a 1958 Tanker! In 1988, George's Bart Currie established “Currie Driver Service”, and by 1993, GH Currie & Sons Contracting had two gravel trucks and a tanker 401 East / Westbound Service Centres.

Meanwhile, in 1981,  Barbara Johnston established J&B Axle, , and followed this in 1991 with her company Standard Axle. (More about Barbara later.)

Just a year later, 1992, local entrepreneur Wayne House bought an International and tri-axle dump trailer to establish “House Equipment”, hauling gravel for local company Federal White Cement, based just outside Ingersoll. In 1993, Wayne added two more vehicles dedicated to contract transport services for two more local companies, Ingersoll Fasteners and Atlantic Packaging.

In 1996, Wayne  House and Bart Currie purchased GH Currie & Sons Contracting from the late George Currie’s wife Gail, and established Oxford Enterprises with 8 Tractors and 12 Trailers. In September that year, Oxford Enterprises obtained its United States Operating Authority, expanding into the international market by offering cross-border services throughout the United States. The company’s first delivery into the United States was a load of building materials on a step deck to the Bronx, New York with a drop in Harlem, New York - a baptism of fire!

In December that year, Barbara Johnston was brought on board as Secretary-Treasurer, and in January 2001, Barbara became the third partner of Oxford Enterprises.

By 2005, the Oxford Enterprises fleet had expanded to 30 tractors, 20 dry vans and 26 temperature control reefers, so the company bought 7.5 acres in Ingersoll for purpose-built new offices, warehousing and cross-docking facilities.

In September 2007, Wayne House retired and sold his shares in the company to the remaining owners, and in 2010, Oxford Enterprises was sold to McClays Transportation to form a new group dedicated to trucking service excellence for the Ingersoll, Oxford County and Southern Ontario regions.

In addition to the shared trucking services both companies offer, Oxford Enterprises specialize in temperature controlled delivery and warehousing & cross-docking.

oxfords-truck

Our Goals

At Oxford Enterprises, we aim to achieve and maintain Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty by the actions of our company. Oxford Enterprises consists of dedicated long-term employees who receive thorough training and benefit from a workplace that personal and professional growth is always encouraged. Our commitment is to serve each customer efficiently and give them consistent courtesy, on-time delivery and complete satisfaction with each shipment.

Our Fleet

At Oxford Enterprises, we are committed to the safe arrival of our customers’ products and to the safety of our drivers and the motoring public. We own and maintain a fleet of the most reliable and advanced equipment in the industry, with an average age of just two years on all of our tractors. The fleet includes:

  • 6 day cabs
  • 24 highway tractors
  • 14 temperature control trailers (53')
  • 10 tandem dry vans (53')
  • 5 tri-axle dry vans (53')
Contact Information Follow Us
McClays Transportation: (519) 485-3088
Oxford Enterprises: (519) 485-1345
info@mcclays.ca
dispatch@oxfordenterprises.ca
General: (519) 485-1246
© 2012 McClays Transportation All Rights Reserved - Website Created by Akira Studio Ltd